Barry Reifel’s high school coaching career began at Garfield High School in Eastern Washington coaching two years of 8-man football, and included four years at Stanfield High School in Oregon, and then twenty six years at East Valley High School in Yakima, WA. While at East Valley he had twelve state playoff appearances, with three semifinal appearances and two seasons playing for the state championship. Barry was inducted into the Washington State Coaches Association Hall of Fame in 2017. Coach Reifel has also coached basketball and wrestling at the high school level.
Barry graduated from Blanchet High School in Seattle, where he was a three sport letterman and received All-League, All-State, and All-American honors in football. He went on to play two years at Washington State University and serve as a coaches’ assistant for three years. While at WSU he had the unique experienced of having three different head coaches in five years. He has a Masters degree from WSU in Vocational Technical Education with a coaching minor.
Coach Reifel was a high school teacher in Yakima, Washington for twenty six years, having also taught in Oregon and Alaska. He lives with his wife of thirty five years, has five children and seven grandchildren.
Introductory Workshop Outline:
- Overview of 3D Coaching framework
- Diagnosing 2nd & 3rd dimension issues
- Understanding the 21st century athlete’s mindset
- Developing strategies to motivate from within
- Knowing practical next steps for the 3D journey
Typical 3D Workshops:
- School District Professional Development
- Athletic Director/Coach Convention Keynotes
- Coaching Clinic Breakout Sessions
- College Athletic Department Consulting
- Youth Sports Coaching Clinics