Dan is a retired United States Marine and former F/A-18 fighter pilot. He played Division I Rugby at the U.S. Naval Academy and graduated with a degree in engineering. As an instructor pilot and squadron commander, Dan has coached and mentored teams of high-performing fighter pilots in some of the most demanding and challenging physical and mental conditions one can experience. In his private life, Dan has coached several sports at the youth level – football, lacrosse, and baseball. He has seen the damage that’s being done by extrinsic coaching and ‘what’s in it for me’ parents and athletes. Helping fellow coaches learn to reach kids in all three dimensions is a passion and a mission. Will you take the next step and join him on this journey?
Dan lives in the Carlsbad / San Marcos area of North San Diego County and is available to provide training throughout San Diego, Orange, and Riverside Counties.
Introductory Workshop Outline:
- Overview of 3D Coaching framework
- Diagnosing 2nd & 3rd dimension issues
- Understanding the 21st century athlete’s mindset
- Developing strategies to motivate from within
- Knowing practical next steps for the 3D journey
Typical 3D Workshops:
- School District Professional Development
- Athletic Director/Coach Convention Keynotes
- Coaching Clinic Breakout Sessions
- College Athletic Department Consulting
- Youth Sports Coaching Clinics