Mitch Hull has been involved in the athletic world most of his life. A 3-sport athlete in High School, Mitch won a State and National title in wrestling. After playing two years of football at Kansas State, Mitch wrestled three years at the University of Wisconsin where he was a Big Ten Champion and All-American. He also wrestled for the United States in the World Championships in both of the Olympic Styles. Mitch finished his competitive career placing second in the Olympic Trials.
Mitch coached wrestling for 4 years as an assistant Coach at Wisconsin before he went on as an Assistant Coach at Purdue University for two years and then the Head Coach at Purdue for four years. As the Head Coach, Purdue Wrestling had its best two season in the past 65 years, placing 7th and 12th at the NCAA Championships.
Mitch left coaching and served as the National Teams Director for USA Wrestling from 1992 until 2013. He was responsible for overseeing the training, direct financial support and the competition of the USA World and Olympic Teams and served as the delegation leader for wrestling with the US Olympic Committee for six Olympic Games.
During that time Mitch was also involved in the redesign of the USA Wrestling Coaches Education Program that has placed a much greater emphasis on the values that 3D Coaching is working to provide for coaches of all sports.
Introductory Workshop Outline:
- Overview of 3D Coaching framework
- Diagnosing 2nd & 3rd dimension issues
- Understanding the 21st century athlete’s mindset
- Developing strategies to motivate from within
- Knowing practical next steps for the 3D journey
Typical 3D Workshops:
- School District Professional Development
- Athletic Director/Coach Convention Keynotes
- Coaching Clinic Breakout Sessions
- College Athletic Department Consulting
- Youth Sports Coaching Clinics